2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 2:55 PM by hobbiesdeveloper

Exporting Records to PDF

hobbiesdeveloper

Title

Exporting Records to PDF

Hello,

I'm trying to Save Records as PDF for found records using the PDF Append feature but for some reason the process freezes at 90th Record?

Below is what I have in my script. Everything works good at the beginning but then it starts to slow down and eventually just stop.

Go to Record/Request/Page [First]

Loop

Go to Related Record [ Show only related records; From table: "order_LINEITEM"l Using Layout: "Invoice" (order_LINEITEM)]

Enter Preview Mode []

Save Records as PDF [Restor; Append; No dialog; "$path"; Records being browsed]

Enter Browse Mode[]

Go to Layout ["Orders" (Orders) ]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Next; Exit after last]

End Loop

This will browse through all my order records and export the invoices with all the order line items.

Please help?

• 1. Re: Exporting Records to PDF
          philmodjunk

Instead of appending one PDF for each record, you can use a single Save as PDF step with the records being browsed specified to generate the needed PDF.

Since your script specifies Rrecords being browsed, your script generates this PDF of the entire found set over and over for your entire found set so it probably hits an upper limit as you have PDF'd 90 + records 90 times.

• 2. Re: Exporting Records to PDF
            hobbiesdeveloper

Do you know how I would include the Order Line Items table fields in the Body section of the layout while having the actual layout under the Orders layout?

I'm trying to show all Line items for each order and at the same time be able to export all records to PDF at once, with all the related Order Line Items showing?

Thanks.