AnsweredAssumed Answered

Exporting report for every occurance as pdf, then sending a custom e-mail with file attached

Question asked by DagKnepr on Feb 4, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Exporting report for every occurance as pdf, then sending a custom e-mail with file attached

Jeeeez guys, when I started meddling with FM, I had no Idea of the vast possibilities it has... Now, I want more and more every day.

Now this is one problem I can't seem to solve so thought you might have some ideas how to do this.

This is the situation:

FM 11 on OSX 10.6.8.

Created a database of invoices for my non profit.

As it happens, a lot of people are overdue on their issued invoices.

So I got the idea to create an automated script that will when I activate it create a PDF report containing invoices overdue for every person. And then compile a personalized email that attaches the PDF for that person and then sends it to them.

Simple, ha? Well, I know how to create a report which has one persons overdue invoices on every page when in Preview. But I can't figure out how to make FM export each page by itself and name each file according to the data that person has. Had I managed this I think I could manage to automate the email part of the script, but I got stuck here...

Now, this seems horribly complicated to me, but I guess to someone reading this it could be piece of cake.

So please, if you have the time to suggest a solution, I will be eternally grateful.

Outcomes