2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2009 8:16 AM by henryoswald

Exporting Sub Summary reports to excel

henryoswald

Title

Exporting Sub Summary reports to excel

I've got a report which takes a few thousand records and groups it into about 100 or so lines. there are 3 fields,

Name
      Date
      Total
      - this is a total summary field which looks at a different field

There is only one part to the report, which is a sub summary when sorted by the field 'Date' I do a sort on Name first then Date, this gives me a long list where all three fields are permanently populated. i.e.

Name Date Total
      Name Date Total
      Name Date Total
      Name Date Total
      Name Date Total
      Name Date Total
      Name Date Total
      Name Date Total
      Name Date Total
      Name Date Total

However when I export to excel I group the total by Date this is 95% right but the name field is only populated at the top i.e.

Name Date Total
      _____Date Total
      _____Date Total
      _____Date Total
      Name Date Total
      _____Date Total
      _____Date Total
      _____Date Total
      Name Date Total
      _____Date Total

Is there a way I can export to excel (csv/tab) or any work around so I get the same list of values as shown in my report?

Feel like I’m taking this forum over, but thanks for any advice, I've been trying to work this out for a couple of days.

• 1. Re: Exporting Sub Summary reports to excel
          StellaLuna

henryoswald wrote:
          However when I export to excel I group the total by Date this is 95% right but the name field is only populated at the top i.e.

Name Date Total
          _____Date Total
          _____Date Total
          _____Date Total

Is there a way I can export to excel (csv/tab) or any work around so I get the same list of values as shown in my report?

Hi Henry, usually you get this kind of excel sheet when the main table is based upon name but the date and total come from a related (many side) table.  Can this be possible in your case?   If so, switch to the many side and place the Main::Name field on it.  Another consideration if that doesn't help is that, when you export, you must check name in the Group By field (export dialog top right box) along with checking date. :smileyhappy:

Disclaimer:  My suggestion is just a possiblity and there may be many others which might work or work better.

• 2. Re: Exporting Sub Summary reports to excel
            henryoswald

Thanks, I actually cracked it a few moment ago, by putting a portal on the page holding the field I wanted to always apear (name) solved the issue.

Thanks for you help.