5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2014 3:08 PM by philmodjunk

Exporting To Print Layout

GrahamKeogh

Title

Exporting To Print Layout

Hi all,

I have been tasked with putting together a job planner system where I work, and had done a similar project about 15 years ago on Filemaker so it's been a bit of a learning curve to say the least! So a bit of a newbie again, especially regarding the new features. But thankfully I have found a huge amount of my answers on this forum. However I have a few problems that have me stumped.

I have an quotation table with a portal that displays fields from a Line Items table. Then in the quotation table, I have a generate PDF button (using the in-built script to generate a PDF) that goes to a Quotation_Print table which is based on the line items table (as has been advised on other posts). I want to be able to generate a PDF to send to clients.

However, when I run this script it generates a PDF that contains all the records in the table, not just the related records that belong to a particular quotation number. My knowledge of scripts is very basis so I hope it's something straightforward that I need to do.

Ultimately I want to be able to then create an invoice from an approved quotation, so again another script I reckon?

Thanks for reading this and be hugely grateful for any help.