1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 1:37 PM by philmodjunk

exporting with formatted value question

LiemDo

Title

exporting with formatted value question

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with exporting data. I have a text field named answer. In some sistuations, the answer contains 1 or 0. How can I export to excel but convert 1 to Yes and 0 to No before exporting in these sistuations? In other words, I'd like to see Yes or No value in excel instead of 1 or 0. I'm just wondering if it's easier to somehow make Filemaker to display the value Yes and No in the Browse mode before exporting.

Another small question: I have mutiple related fields on my layout. The field is often showed with format like ::relatedField. Is there an option in FileMaker to show its full path such as relatedTable::relatedField so I don't have to double click on the field to see from which table the field comes from.

Thanks.  Cry

• 1. Re: exporting with formatted value question
          philmodjunk

Any formatting you specify for a layout will not affect the data you export from its table. You can define a calculation field as If ( yourfield ; "yes" ; "no") and then export that field in place of yourfield.

And there is no way that I know of to get fileMaker to display the table occurrence name of a related field--frankly that would often result in a name too long to "fit" inside the layout bounds any way. You have to double click them or check what is displayed on the data tab of the Inspector.