AnsweredAssumed Answered

Exporting/Emailing Files

Question asked by MaxwellRobin on Jan 3, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Exporting/Emailing Files

Hi All!

So what I would like is to export and email files from my database including the dtabase file itself.

EXPORTING

I have a container field in my database that the user can use to hold a file in the database

i have a layout with buttons on it and one is being used to export this file

is there a way to have the button run a script that allows the user to save the file to anywhere on their computer?

is there also a way to have the user be able to click a button that allows them to save the database itself to the computer or an external drive?

EMAILING

in the same veign as above i would like the user to be able to email both these files to anyone.

the database has a table with contacts including people's emails

is there a way to have the user click the button and have a popup dialog ask if they would like to email someone in the contact list or a new person

essentally i would like the user to click a button and then be able to select one or multiple recipients from the contact list or be able to type in a new email.

after reciepients have been selected i would like the file in the container field to become attached to the email

if the user clicks another button and after reciepients have been selected i would like the database to become attached to the email

is this possible?

thank you!

Outcomes