0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2014 12:18 PM by thesisdesign

Extend a Repeating Field to Be Used With Every Repetition of Another Repeating Field

thesisdesign

Title

Extend a Repeating Field to Be Used With Every Repetition of Another Repeating Field

Hi there:

I am on the hunt for a function or calculation that will operate like the Extend () function but I need it to grab the data from another repeating field.

To give a bit of a background on what I am doing, I have built a responsive image grid and a responsive notes grid (No I specifically chose not to use horizontal portals because the UI just wasn't good enough for this project).  The end product is essentially identical to the Facebook interface.  I am at the finish line.  What I am looking for now to finish it off is to add the edit and delete options to the bottom each repetition (like a Facebook post). All of the other items in the grid are populated using the Extend () function and it works of course because they are non-repeating values.

The structure is simple.  I have a main table (let's say contact), a displayrows table (call it notesdisplayrows), and then the notes table.  All extend calculations are done in the displayrows table.  Example:

GetNthRecord ( Extend(CONTACTS_NOTESGRID::ID) ; Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) )

However where the Edit and Delete options are concerned I need something that will grab the 1st and 2nd repetition of a field so that they will display as options for each repetition I.e. Facebook.  I currently have a repeating field in the notes table and the first repetition is "Edit" and the second rep is "Delete".