3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 12:21 PM by philmodjunk

Extending found set

MikeEdwards

Title

Extending found set

In a script I performing a find then constraining the set by other criterea, Then I'm trying to extend found set looking for a specific name in the fileds I select, However when it gets to that step I get the dialog box no records match this request if the name does not appear in one or more of the fields I am searching. Is there any way to continue with the script finding the other critera without stopping the search?

• 1. Re: Extending found set
          philmodjunk

Exactly how did you attempt to do this part? "Then I'm trying to extend found set looking for a specific name in the fileds I select,"

It sounds like you entered your name into several different fields of the same find request instead of using a separate request for each such field.

• 2. Re: Extending found set
            MikeEdwards

Extend found set Field one Critera "approved"

Enxtend found set field two criteral "approved"

If there is an approved in both fields the script will run fine and the records will be found if there is only approved in field one the script with stop at the field two search with the dialog box "No records matcvh this find critera.

Should I use a particular oporator? I need it to think more like "or" and less like "and"

• 3. Re: Extending found set
              philmodjunk

Try adding Set Error Capture[on] To your script before you perform finds or extend found sets. This will keep a case where a specific perform find or extend found set step from interrupting the script with a "no records match" dialog.

You can also use this approach for your criteria:

Enter criterion into field 1.

New record/request

Enter criterion into field 2.

New Record/Request

Enter criterion into field 3

Set Error Capture [on]

Extend Found Set[]

This extends the found set to include records matching the criteria you specified for field 1 or field 2 or field 3...