External authentication through Active Directory made simple for a Mac user...
Client now wants to have external authentication through Windows Active Directory for 100+ users (which I have no experience with and I'm a Mac guy).
- I turned "Filemaker and external accounts" on in the security tab in FMS server
- I added an address and entry point (with my domain\username and password)
- I created 4 user accounts (groups) in Filemaker that precisely match the user groups in Active Directory
- I re-ordered the Accounts so these groups were on top
- I created a privilege set for each of the four groups
- each of the privilege sets has "Access via Filemaker Network (fmapp) checked on
- I don't know what should happen next...
A test window user is generating this error in FMS server event log: "Registration with directory services failed because of insufficient access."