1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2011 12:15 PM by Dave Graham

External Server Groups

mk4482

Title

External Server Groups

My FMP 11 Advanced clients are authenticated to a FMP 11 Advanced Server via the External Server security feature of FMP using groups created through Active Directory.  Question: if I have a user that is a member of two groups (Admins and Read Only) because of the different rights needed on different databases, and I put the Read Only group first in the order under the Accounts tab in Security, does that mean that even though a user is a member of the Admins group, the fact that he is a member of the Read Only group will take precendence and the Admins group will be ignored for that user?  In other words, this particular user will only have Read Only rights to the databases in which this group is listed first?  Does that make sense?  Thanks!

• 1. Re: External Server Groups
          Dave Graham

FileMaker observes authentication order, which defaults to the creation order unless explicitly changed. In the Manage Security dialog you can change the view by value to authentication order. The first matching group from top to bottom will determine the privileges assigned to a user who exists in multiple groups. 

Please note that group changes in Open Directory are not immediately reflected in FileMaker!

- dg