AnsweredAssumed Answered

Extract Right portion of File Path

Question asked by sksmith2517 on Apr 3, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 by sksmith2517

Title

Extract Right portion of File Path

I'd like to be able to capture the right portion of a file path in order to use that to drill down thru various folders to retrieve specific pictures. All the pictures will be in AV_Media folder on the GO Directory of the server James. But once inside the Pictures folder, there are numerous sub-folders; e.g. "Places" "Faces" "Working"... So I'm hoping to capture just the string to the right of

//James/go/AV_Media/Pictures - whatever appears from this spot on.

From this file path, //James/go/AV_Media/Pictures/Places/photo_lg_chad.jpg,

Ii'd like to capture Places/photo_lg_chad.jpg

I don't know how I should be using the Right function in conjunction with the Get function if indeed this is the correct way to start.

The reason I want to do this is so that a user can go to the original image from a photo catalog database of all our pictures.  I think that once I have this info I can include it into a calculation or script to navigate to the original image on the server within our cross-platform office. The forum provided me the info whereby I can do this with PDF & Docs; but they are all in the same folder. In my current request there are multiple embeded folders.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Outcomes