1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 15, 2011 11:26 AM by philmodjunk

Extracting info from several records into one email.

sportyguy209

Title

Extracting info from several records into one email.

Please forgive me, I'm not sure what I even need to search on to do this, but I suspect it has to do with Globals or Variables, but any guidance or examples would be appreciated.

How do you export data from several records into one email?

For example, I have several records for person A and each record has the same field I want to take info from and then combine it into one email.

I can take info from one record's field and insert it into an email, but I want to take info from multiple records and combine it into one email.

How is this done?

TIA

• 1. Re: Extracting info from several records into one email.
          philmodjunk

If it's just one field from a given record, but for a group of records, you can use the List function.

If you can set up a relationship like this:

EmailTable::Field = RecordsForEmail::Field

Then a calculation field defined in EmailTable can use List ( RecordsForEmail::EmailBodyField )

To produce a return separated list of values from the related RecordsForEmail table. If you don't want them separated by returns, you can include a subsitute function:

Substitute ( List ( RecordsForEmail::EmailBodyField ) ; ¶ ; ", " )

If you can't set up such a relationship, you can use either a looping script or copy all records to get this same list of values from the current found set.