7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2012 10:33 AM by MarcMcCall

extracting specific words from first line of text descriptions

MarcMcCall

Title

extracting specific words from first line of text descriptions

Hey guys,

What I'm trying to accomplish is exrtacting the some spesific word from the first line of text, and the position is not always the same except in the first line.

I want to have two fields one is always going to say Color, and the other I want to pull from my text field, long_catalogue_description.  The words will be "Color", "Black", "Magenta", "Cyan", "Yellow", "Tri-Color".  Along those lines.  I may need to add to it, but once I figure out how to get to that point, I will add to it as I come accross it.

Then I want to perform the same type thing, where I have one field that will always say part type, and another I want to extract if the first line says "Toner Cartridge", "Ink Cartridge", "Fuser", this I will also have to add to but just giving the basic Idea so you can see where I'm going with this.

I would like to name the fields Attributes Value 1 and Attributes Value 2, that way when I go to import them into my site, I do not have to change names on the spreadsheet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.