1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 7:11 AM by philmodjunk

Feature Request: Single-line log-in

danemcg_1

Title

Feature Request: Single-line log-in

Security option (primarily of use on iOS platform):
           I'd like to be able to allow the initial user sign-in to be a single text box, not the traditional two; i.e., instead of entering
               Account Name: John Smith
               Password: carbuncle23
           They'd enter
               Login: Purple Unicorns 44 Dancing
           With an option to control the minimum length of the user's login, to keep it secure.

Alternatively, if people just can't surrender the notion of separate account names and passwords, allow them to be entered in one dialog; e.g., a PowerSchool log-in is in the form of   USERNAME;PASSWORD, with the two separated by a semicolon.

Workaround: I know I can just auto-login with a generic user account and then have a user sign-in page I create myself, but I'd rather have log-in security handled by the system.

(I've already submitted this to the Feature Request form.)

• 1. Re: Feature Request: Single-line log-in
          philmodjunk

I can't really see the advantage to that, but you can "roll your own" by using show custom dialog, a global field and the Re-login script step. This allows you to still have FileMaker's security systems handle the log in process. You can use File Options to auto-open the file with very minimal access permissions and then re-login reopens the file with permissions specific to the user's login information.