1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2011 2:37 PM by philmodjunk

Fed/State Withholding

CraigFoos

Title

Fed/State Withholding

I've done a search for auto enter Fed and State Withholding and found one post that was less then helpful.  I need to have a way to do this.  I would use a percentage calculation based on the IRS formula.  Attacted is a screen shot of the table I would use:

So I'm thinking I need to have a tax table with this info in the table.  I'll need if then statements and calculations.  However, I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get it started.

I'm fairly new to FMpro and I'm using FMpro 9 advanced.  I can see a Fed tax table, State Tax table, the Social Security tax table would be simple since its just a percentage.  Linking the single  and adding the allowance to the linked person is what I have trouble figuring out.

Thanks,

OneGuy.

Screen_shot_2011-08-09_at_7.08.09_PM.png

• 1. Re: Fed/State Withholding
          philmodjunk

You can put all these entries in a single table with a field added that stores "single" for the left hand column and "Married" for the right hand column.

Then your relationship to this table can include a pair of Marital Status fields as part of the relationship:

Employee::Wage < withholding::NotOver AND
          Employee::MaritalStatus = Withholding::MaritalStatus

(sort withholding records in this relationship in descending order by NotOver.)