4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 12:03 AM by clomama :D

Field data is missing sometimes

clomama :D

Title

Field data is missing sometimes

I had created 2 databases- a 'Policy' database & a 'Client' database. The two databases are related using ClientID as the match field. In the Client database, I created 4 tables - a 'Main' table, an 'Address' table, a 'Tel' table, & an 'Email' table. Again, all tables are related using ClientID. In the Policy database each policy with the same ClientID can display client data.

At the beginning, everything was fine. All client data could show in the layout of the Policy database. However, when I closed the layout & reopened it again, the tel data of all clients were missing. The other data were fine. I checked all settings which showed no error. After an hour, the tel data appeared again. It's been happening a couple of times. Anyone can help how to fix this?? 

Many thanks!

• 1. Re: Field data is missing sometimes
          philmodjunk

I had created 2 databases- a 'Policy' database & a 'Client' database.

Does that mean that you have two database files or two tables in the same file?

• 2. Re: Field data is missing sometimes

Two database files.  Here are what I've done.

1st database file called 'Policy' -  created a table called 'Data_Policy' in this Policy database file.

2nd database file called 'Client' -  created 4 tables called 'Main', 'Address', 'Tel', 'Email' in this Client database file.

All tables have the field ClientID to identify each client & policy.

• 3. Re: Field data is missing sometimes
              philmodjunk

All client data could show in the layout of the Policy database.

Does this mean that you've defined external data source references for each of the tables from Client in your Policy Table?

On what table occurrence is that layout based? Policy? Client? or ???

and how is the Tel data displayed on that table? In a single field or a portal?

If a portal, is there a filter defined for the portal?

And you may want to run a recover on both files to check them for damage and rebuild the indexes in each file.

• 4. Re: Field data is missing sometimes

Thanks Phil!

I've decided to rebuild the database files to see if they work well.