1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 8:23 AM by philmodjunk

Field displaying wrong value from Value list

Badam

Title

Field displaying wrong value from Value list

I have two tables, Staff and Request table, they are related using a Staff ID number as follows:

Staff ID_KP in the staff table and Staff ID_KF in the Request table

The user fills in the Staff ID_KF in the using a drop down value list which shows a list of staff names. In the value list I have selected “Show only second value only” which is the staff name.

It all works great except after the Staff selection is made and the user clicks out of the field then the staff ID number shows instead of the Staff name. Although I have a workaround that works, there must be a better way or I am doing something wrong.

The work around I am using is to stack two fields the one at the back only shows the drop down arrow from the Staff ID field and the front field show the staff name.

Thanks in advance for all help.

• 1. Re: Field displaying wrong value from Value list
          philmodjunk

The alternative is to use a popup menu instead of a drop down list. The second field value will still be displayed in a pop up menu after you exit the field. You an also refine your work around for drop down lists. You don't need the arrow option in the drop down list field, just size it the same as the field you hide it under and make sure that the "name" field on top of it is set to deny browse mode access.