2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 7:41 AM by jdevans

Field entry in browse mode based on a condition??

jdevans

Title

Field entry in browse mode based on a condition??

Is this possible? I'm using FMP13 Adv.

I'd like certain users to be able to click and select from a pop-up menu based on Privilege set.

The only thing I know for controlling this is the Data tab of the Inspector, "Field Entry" in Behavior section. But there's no calculation available to set up the logic for turning it on. Anyone have any ideas for this?

• 1. Re: Field entry in browse mode based on a condition??
          philmodjunk

Option 1:

Use two layouts, one were access is permitted, one where it is not. Use scripts, possibly with script triggers to take users to the correct layout.

Option 2:

Put two copies of this field right on top of each other. Set up one to permit access and one to deny access. Use FMP 13's "hide object when" feature on both copies of the field to control access to this field.

Example expressions you might use.

On the copy that denies access: Get ( accountPrivilegesetname ) = "[Full Access]"

On the copy that allows access: Get ( AccountPrivilegesetname ) ≠ "[Full Access]"

This will hide the noneditable copy from Full Access users and hide the editable copy from users that are not Full Access.

• 2. Re: Field entry in browse mode based on a condition??
            jdevans

Brilliant Phil. Simple, and gets it done.

smiley