AnsweredAssumed Answered

Field in Portal row not populating

Question asked by webstyr on Apr 5, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Field in Portal row not populating

I have a Portal in a layout for the PO table.

The portal is looking at items in the PO_LINE_ITEMS table. The PO_LINE_ITEMS row in the portal is pulling items from the PRODUCTS table. Here is the relationships for these three tables:

I have verified that all relationships are correct and that there is data in all fields in the PRODUCTS table.

The Description field in the T24_po_LINE_ITEMS||id_PO| table has a lookup for the value Starting with table T24_po_LINE_ITEM||id_PO|, Lookup from related table T24_po_Line_item_PRODUCTS||id_product| and is Copying value from field Item_Name. If that field is empty or if no exact match it won't copy contents.

In the portal I have a Value List attached to the Item_Number field which lists all the items in the PRODUCTS table using both Item_Number and Item_Name fields.

In the portal I have the Description field (see above) next to the Item_Number field. Based on how I set the Description field up in the database I think it should be populated in the portal with the contents of the PRODUCTS::Item_Name field. 

Here is my problem. The Description field in the portal is not being populated by the contents of the PRODUCTS::Item_Name field once I select an item using the drop down list for Item_Number. The question I have is why not?

Outcomes