4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2012 1:55 PM by EricaJackson

Field Label Format

EricaJackson

Title

Field Label Format

Hi

Is there a way to have a field label display in the field itself in browse mode and then disappear when the data has been entered? Some fields are obvious once they are populated and the labels can clutter up the layouts and I am trying to use this for FM GO so screen size is limited.

Thanks!

Erica

• 1. Re: Field Label Format
          philmodjunk

Put the label text on top of the field.

Use conditional formatting to make the field disappear by changing the font size to be greater than 100.

Your conditional format expression can be:

Not IsEmpty ( YourTable::YourField )

• 2. Re: Field Label Format
            EricaJackson

Thanks Phil

I don't want the field data to disappear after entry, I want the label to disappear after the field is populated. When I used the formula above, The label disappears while I am entering into the field but then the field contants disappear and the Label reappears. What am I doing wrong?

Erica

• 3. Re: Field Label Format
              philmodjunk

Nothing wrong, that's how it works. I'd think that it would get confusing to try to enter data into the field an still see the label as that would "mix" the label and data into a visual scramble.

• 4. Re: Field Label Format
                EricaJackson

Use conditional formatting to make the field disappear by changing the font size to be greater than 100.

Ok, I figured out the problem. I needed to conditionally format the Label, not the field.

Thanks Phil!

Erica