4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 1:53 PM by MichelF.Lukawecki

Field not visible in Preview Mode FMP 11

Terri

Title

Field not visible in Preview Mode FMP 11

I have a field that is not set with any sliding requirements, there is no conditional formatting and the hide when printing box is NOT checked, but that field still does not show up in preview mode. The field is in the header, but all the other fields in the header show up fine. However, it is a calculation, is that the problem? If so, how can I fix it?  

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Field not visible in Preview Mode FMP 11
          philmodjunk

In preview mode and also when you print, the values of any fields in the header are based on the first record in your found set. When in browse, you see the values based on the current record. I'd guess here that your current record has a value for this field, but it is empty in the first record of your found set.

You may need to define this as a global field or make some other design change to your layout/tables/relationships.

You might also be able to fix this simply by sorting your records differently so that the first record contains the desired value.

• 2. Re: Field not visible in Preview Mode FMP 11
            Terri

Thanks. I tried the global thing and that didn't work either. What's odd is this layout is used as my "master" and then scripts are used to filter data accordingly. Every other script works fine, that field is happily at home in whatever mode I choose. But for this one script, it is there in browse, but gone in preview. I just deleted that script, redid it and now it works fine.

Hmmmm....

As always, thanks for your reply Phil.

• 3. Re: Field not visible in Preview Mode FMP 11
              Terri

I wanted to post a quick reply to let you know this was completely user error. It is probably too hard to explain, but trust me, it was a big lightbulb going on (after a lot of talking outloud to myself) and I feel silly. 

Thanks for your reply none the less Phil, I'm sure I'll be posting another question again soon.

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Field not visible in Preview Mode FMP 11
                MichelF.Lukawecki

Well... don't know which user error this could have been.

I had the same problem, modified my layout to display a global variable, as suggested by PhilModJunk, and this solved my problems!