AnsweredAssumed Answered

Field opacity issue Filemaker 12 Pro

Question asked by DavidConner_1 on Jun 8, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2012 by DavidConner_1

Title

Field opacity issue Filemaker 12 Pro

Mac OsX 10.7.4

Filemaker 12 Pro

I've constructed a layout containing 2 fields. One field is a text field (Item) and the second field (Display_Item) is a calculation that modifies the format of the text field. This would be similar to a field containing a 10 digit phone number (4443335555) and a calculation field that would format the display ( (444) 333-5555. The plan is to place the calculated field on top of the data containing field so that it appears formated but can be edited by entering the field 'Item". I believe this is a fairly common technique.

However, I can't seem to make the mask field completely opaque: the hidden field shows through. When viewed in list mode, the active record appears correct, but in all other records the hidden field contents are also visible. I assume I am missing something simple.

The hidden field is set to back. The mask field is set to front. The mask field has a fill color. The hidden field is set to transparent (or set with a fill color - it shouldn't matter). The mask field is set to 100% opacity. What am I missing?

Outcomes