2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2015 5:33 AM by BorisKamp

Field value change

BorisKamp

Title

Field value change

Hi guys.

II noticed that when I edit a field value, some sum fields and fields dependent on that specific field (layout wise or value wise) only update after a mouse click outside of the field.

For example, I have a radio button field called 'Locked' with the options 'Yes' and 'No'.

I created a privilege set that locks a record whenever 'Locked' is set to 'Yes'. The record actually locks when you click 'Yes' AND click once outside of the field, meaning the user can edit a value by directly clicking from 'Yes' to another field.

How can I make the record lock immediatly when 'Yes' is clicked?

Thanks! 

• 1. Re: Field value change
          SteveMartino

Attach an OnObjectModify script trigger to the radio button set with the script step "Commit Records".  You may also need a Refresh Window script step

As you are probably aware, you can shift + click radio buttons to select more then one.  I would also put this calculation (from the brilliant mind of Mr. Raybaudi)  in the auto-enter tab, uncheck "Do not replace..."  This will prevent a user from shift+clicking and selecting multiple radio buttons

GetValue ( Self ; ValueCount ( Self  ) )

• 2. Re: Field value change
            BorisKamp

Thanks Steve!