4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 3:51 PM by jimf233

Field values from one table don't show up in another tabel containing the same field

jimf233

Title

Field values from one table don't show up in another tabel containing the same field

I have a simple two table data base. One contains data on stock transactions ( the prime table) and the other simply is intended to contain the imported values for the current stock prices. I have set up the two tables with a relationship connection between them with the stock symbols as the match field between the two tables. In the prime data table I have used the put the price field from the price table into the prime table directly. Thus when prices change in the price table they should automatically show up in the prime table, and they do except for certain records, where the connection is not made. The records that do not transfer seem to the ones with very large price numbers. This is driving me crazy. How can this be? How can some records behave differently than others.

Another bit of strange behavior here in that at first it would not let you enter prices directly into the price field on the prime table (since the data was directly from the price table) but now it does for all records, both those where the transfer is taking place, and also for the records that are not transferrring.

Help?