AnsweredAssumed Answered

Field Variable Text Length Sliding/Printing Not Working

Question asked by VanessaAnne on Mar 29, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Field Variable Text Length Sliding/Printing Not Working & Weekly Number Count Calculation

Hello, 

I have two issues currently:

1.)  I have been trying to do the sliding/printing trick to get a field that has various lengths of text to print whatever length is appropriate for each record.  The layout is simple - 10 columns, 1 row for each body.  So I could have anywhere from 10 records on a page to 1 depending on how long the text in one of my fields ends up being. 

For some reason I have been setting the field at different lengths, setting it up to slide/print, but nothing is working.  I have two layouts and have changed the field in each of them, but again nothing.  

No idea what I am doing wrong.  Everyone else seems to get it working.  I am working off a Filemaker Pro 7. 

2.)  What calculation would I need to enter if I was gathering data based on records that were added by week, and wanted to know the total amount of records that are added for just a week at a time? 

So if I have 20 candy bars sold in week 1, 50 in week 2, etc., what calculation would I need to enter to get the result? 

Thank you!

Outcomes