2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 9:30 AM by AndrewFoo

Field verification via script

AndrewFoo

Title

Field verification via script

I currently have a database set up for form organization (via the iPad).

There are a lot of fields that are required for the person to fill out. In the "Manage Database" section, the fields that must be filled out have the "not empty" validation check box checked.

Unfortuantely this can be very annoying if the user clicks out of the field, the user will not be allowed to go anywhere else until the field in question has been filled in.

Is there a way to create a script that will verify these fields when the user is finished with the form?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Field verification via script
          philmodjunk

Put a Web viewer object on your layout, deleted its URL expression, then make its border invisible, size it to cover the entire layout and move it to the back. This object will intercept the mouse clicks and thus keep FileMaker from attempting to commit the record any time they click the layout background. Depending on your interface design, you may also find it useful to then add a "save" button that commits the record.

• 2. Re: Field verification via script
            AndrewFoo

My mistake, I accidentally deleted the wrong one.

Here is the correct answr by PhilModJunk:

Put a Web viewer object on your layout, deleted its URL expression, then make its border invisible, size it to cover the entire layout and move it to the back. This object will intercept the mouse clicks and thus keep FileMaker from attempting to commit the record any time they click the layout background. Depending on your interface design, you may also find it useful to then add a "save" button that commits the record.