2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2014 5:32 AM by philmodjunk

Field with button - enter the object in find mode

robdownunder

Title

Field with button - enter the object in find mode

Ok, FM12.

I have fields throughout my database that have a button associated with them to run a specific script.

Multiple field and multiple layouts use this button, so the solution needs to be dynamic.

When I enter Find mode I cannot type in a search term - the script is run even though I don't want it to.

Using   if Get(WindowMode)  = 1       at the start of the script, I can determine that I am in Find mode.

I'm stumped on how to tell the script to then put the active cursor into the field to allow me to type a search term.

The field I want to search on is not the active object, the first field on the layout is.

I can keyboard-tab my way through the fields to select the one I want.

How can my script figure out which object I pointed to and make it active ?

Thanks for any solutions you can come up with.

• 1. Re: Field with button - enter the object in find mode
          Jade

G'Day Rob,

Assign a different object name (Position tab of Inspector) to each of these fields.

For each button, specify the object name as a script parameter (bottom of the Specify Script dialog).

At the top of your script, change the If statement to:

If [ Get( WIndowMode ) ≠ 1 ]

At the bottom of the script just before the last End If, add:

Else

Go To Object [ Get( ScriptParameter ) ]

• 2. Re: Field with button - enter the object in find mode
            philmodjunk

Instead of associating a button with these fields, you might instead use script triggers to produce the same result. That might, in many circumstances, eliminate the need for using a script to put the cursor into the field when in Find Mode.