1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2012 9:45 PM by philmodjunk

Fields not exporting

JillRindfuss

Title

Fields not exporting

I'm running FMPro 8.5 on Mac 10.5.8 ... I've recently been noticing that when I export fields, not all of the fields are exporting consistantly.  I'm using a script where I've saved the export order.  Even though the field is populated, it's not showing up in the end export.  I've tried exporting to both tab or comma format.   The application crashes when I try to export to Excel format.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

• 1. Re: Fields not exporting
          philmodjunk

Given that you've gotten crashes, check your file for damage by running a recover on it. Even if the damage was not the source of the crash, the crash may have damaged your file.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.