AnsweredAssumed Answered

Figuring out portals in an anesthesia record

Question asked by dsimonson on Nov 14, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 by dsimonson

Title

Figuring out portals in an anesthesia record

I am still working on my anesthesia record.  

In order to provide a display on the iPad that looks and functions somewhat like a “real” anesthesia record, the user needs to be able to enter data on a medication they have just administered to the patient, and have that data displayed on the record in a horizontally sequential fashion across the record.  For example, if at the start of the anesthetic (15:00) I administer 10 mls of propofol, and then 30 minutes later the patient gets “light” and I give 5 more of propofol, a real record shows it like this:

Drug    

15:00

15:15

15:30

15:45

16:00

Propofol

Fentanyl

In addition to the main table, Surgeries, which contains the anesthesia start time, I have created child tables for different time settings - one with 20 records, one for each 15 minutes of the anesthetic (so the records can cover a 5-hour surgery), and one with 60 records, for the 5-minute intervals.  

When the data is entered, the user only enters one time into the med_observation record, which is then pushed into two other fields as the nearest 5 and 15 minute intervals.  

I am attaching a screenshot of my layout in layout mode.

With that explanation, here is what I am trying to do.  On the left side, I need a portal that shows me one drug on each line, and they need to be in a specific order, with things like O2 and N2O first, followed by inhalational agents, etc.  Then, I need the amounts they have given to be distributed by their times across the horizontal spread.  I am working on the 15 minute times at present, I want to figure them out before I move to the 5 minute ones.  I plan to have a summary field that will show the total amount administered in any 15 minute period.

I have not had any luck, but I am continuing to work on it!

Thanks!

Dan

--

Dan Simonson, CRNA, MHPA

2607 S. Manito Blvd.

Spokane, WA 99203

<dsimonson@mac.com>

H. (509) 747-0819

C. (509) 981-6274 

2014-11-14_10-31-14.jpg

Outcomes