AnsweredAssumed Answered

File lists in updates

Question asked by dzittin on Feb 3, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2012 by dzittin

Title

File lists in updates

My application has value lists displayed in pop up menus. Almost all the menus are from custom lists and have the "Edit..." option where a user can add another value.

When it comes time for software revision changes, I have set up scripts that dump all the application's tables, slide in the new version and then import the tables - all is good except value lists.

If a value list is _not_ composed from a field, for example from a custom list, can it be exported and then restored in the when revision upgrades are done? I understand how to get the lists through the design functions valuelistitems and valuelistnames. So I could dump the lists, but I cannot see a way to put them back into a custom list in the new revision.

If not is there a way to have something as convenient as the "Edit..." option so a user can add a member to the list and behind the curtains a record is created and the field populated by whatever the user supplied or am I going to have to do some more scripting to allow adds to the various lists as records.

Thanks in advance.

-Dave

Outcomes