0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2009 10:34 AM by saw_1

File Maker mobile does not sync properly.

saw_1

Title

File Maker mobile does not sync properly.

<!--    StartFragment    -->

SyncingbetweenthedatabaseonmyPalmTungstenT3andmyFileMakerdatabaseonmydesktopisnotworkingproperly.

1.    AllchangesmadeonmydesktopdatabaserecopiedtomyT3database.  However, noneofthechangesImakeonmyT3getcopiedtothedesktopdatabase. Thisincludeschangingexistingrecordsorcreatingnewrecords.

2.    IammigratingmyFileMakerdatabasetomynewiMac

• My old system was an old G4 tower 667Mhz runningMac OS X 10.39, FileMaker Pro 7, FileMaker 8, and Palm desktop for syncing.

• My new system is the latest iMac Intel processorMac OS X 10.5.6, FileMaker Pro 9.0v3, FileMaker Mobile 8.01.29, and MissingSync 6.0.4.

• FileMaker Mobile is certified to run on an Intelbased processor and is Rosetta compatible. The database is data compatible withPro7, Pro 9, and Mobile 8.

• I copied the old database file calledcompositions.fp7onto my new system.

• I set the syncing actions in Missing Sync tosynchronize files for FileMaker Mobile 8. When I did this, I got warning from Missing Sync thatthe FileMaker Mobile 8 conduit may not be designed to run on my system.

• I added the copied database to the FileMakerMobile desktop application, and I configured the syncing actions in FileMakerMobile Settings dialog box to All User, Bi-directional, All records, andDuplicate records accordingly.

• TheSpecified Fields.. “ in FileMaker MobileSettings dialog box were exactly the same as they were on the old system.

3.    Ididchangetheprotectiononthedatabasefileonmydesktoptoread & writeprivilegesforeveryonethinkingthatmayhavebeentheproblem.

Anysuggestionswouldbegreatlyappreciated.

Thanks

-StephenWillard

<!--    EndFragment    -->