File Maker mobile does not sync properly.
<!-- StartFragment -->
1. AllchangesmadeonmydesktopdatabaserecopiedtomyT3database. However, noneofthechangesImakeonmyT3getcopiedtothedesktopdatabase. Thisincludeschangingexistingrecordsorcreatingnewrecords.
- My old system was an old G4 tower 667Mhz runningMac OS X 10.39, FileMaker Pro 7, FileMaker 8, and Palm desktop for syncing.
- My new system is the latest iMac Intel processorMac OS X 10.5.6, FileMaker Pro 9.0v3, FileMaker Mobile 8.01.29, and MissingSync 6.0.4.
- FileMaker Mobile is certified to run on an Intelbased processor and is Rosetta compatible. The database is data compatible withPro7, Pro 9, and Mobile 8.
- I copied the old database file called “compositions.fp7”onto my new system.
- I set the syncing actions in Missing Sync tosynchronize files for FileMaker Mobile 8. When I did this, I got warning from Missing Sync thatthe FileMaker Mobile 8 conduit may not be designed to run on my system.
- I added the copied database to the FileMakerMobile desktop application, and I configured the syncing actions in FileMakerMobile Settings dialog box to All User, Bi-directional, All records, andDuplicate records accordingly.
- The “Specified Fields.. “ in FileMaker MobileSettings dialog box were exactly the same as they were on the old system.
3. Ididchangetheprotectiononthedatabasefileonmydesktopto “read & write” privilegesforeveryonethinkingthatmayhavebeentheproblem.
<!-- EndFragment -->