Just thought I would upload this video to see what interest there is.
I have always liked the iOS style master detail. I thought it would really be handy to have in filemaker. I tried every trick in the book to get some of this functionality in a classic portal. I was bothered by the fact I had to use extra TOs loads of scripts and it was tricky to get a portal to appear like there was headers in it without the ability to have different size cells. Also this takes about 5min to add to a layout. Performance is great especially over web.
This list is a custom function in a web viewer. Data is added from sql for not live updates or listof for live updating and native sorting.
- Images/icons before and after label.
- iOS style headers
- Live search ( of displayed content )
- Cell size can change with extra text
- 2 different scripts triggered when clicked. Script 1 when click on row. Script 2 when click on icon.
- 3 fields title, subtitle and value
- FileMaker styling in fields are carried over into list if wanted.
- Saves position when used in nav
- Live updating and native sorting when using ListOf to populate. Or use SQL for more detached behaviour.
- Styling with CSS
I am still working on some minor details and plan to add more features.
Suggestions, questions and comments are welcome.