DIGFM: The 2.6 Million Dollar Dev (12/14/2017; Santa Clara, CA)
I think Rosemary will later post the recording of my live presentation, where I take questions and respond to the audience. In the meantime there is this video I prerecorded while practicing and timing my presentation for that evening. This one is 1 hour, 20 minutes.
I don't get into any FileMaker development until about 31 minutes into the presentation.
The meat of the topic, fulfilling four features with FileMaker development, occurs between 0:36 and 1:06.
The presentation is organized as follows:
- 0:00:00 Title and introduction to me
- 0:07:20 The setting and situation
- 0:13:44 How did they get into that mess?
- 0:29:44 How did I learn what really happened?
0:31:00 Simple sub-summary example and fixing an error with sub-summary sorting.
- 0:37:11 How did a FileMaker developer fulfill all four failures?
0:39:47 Feature 3. Integration to PeopleSoft: Updating PeopleSoft Data
0:45:44 Feature 1. Document workflow and high efficiency
0:51:33 Feature 2. Integration to PeopleSoft: "The Button"
0:55:10 Feature 1. More Document workflow and high efficiency
0:58:44 Feature 4. Built-in evaluation calculator that works "like magic"
- 1:07:07 How do we build more 2.6 Million Dollar Developers?
1:20:13 The End
The main discussion thread on this topic: