CUS07 - FileMaker in Action: Research Case Studies - Stephanie Mizrahi

Document created by communitymanager on Jul 20, 2018Last modified by smizrahi on Aug 13, 2018
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Teresa Ingalls (New South Associates, Inc.) Stephanie Mizrahi (CSU Sacramento)

Session Description

Public policy research - Stephanie Mizrahi - CSU Sacremento

I use FileMaker to pursue my research on the policy community that deals with terrorism and homeland security by examining congressional hearings on these topics. I am able to track hearings, witnesses, witness associations, and verbatim text of witness statements. I can then use the data to analyze who testifies before and after a major event, what they testify about, and how those variables change over time, leading to a better understanding of the connection between major events and policy. This presentation will detail the structure of the database and the types of analysis it allows.

FileMaker apps for a cultural consulting business - Teresa Ingalls - New South Associates, Inc.

Having an efficient workflow is essential to any business. In the Cultural Resource Management industry those efficiencies are increasingly being created through implementing digital methodology. As consultants specializing in architectural history and archeology, we have recently prioritized moving our field data collection away from paper forms and cumbersome reporting processes by using FileMaker databases. Customizing these databases we can now quickly collect and share information among staff, and meet reporting requirements that vary by state.

Session Materials

Please see attachment below.

Outcomes